A Calaguas Adventure


April 11-13, 2014

Our package covered April 12-13, 2 days and 1 night. But we need to be in Daet, Camarines Norte before 7AM.

April 11
7PM - Departure (Manila to Daet)
Meeting place was DLTB Bus Station in Cubao, Quezon City at 7:15PM, supposed-to-be the departure of the bus but it didn't happen because we were late. The good thing the organizer managed to stop the bus until we arrived, 15 minutes late. I felt ashamed but was able to recover later on.

I personally not prepared for this trip. I did not buy any foods for the long road trip, for about 9 hours. All I had was water. As the night getting late, we were very much hungry already. Got nothing to eat. We're hoping for a bus stop for us to have something to eat. Few hours later, bus stop came but I haven't found any meals in the cafeteria so I decided to just buy a cup of coffee and a couple of boiled eggs. Just enough to survive the night.

April 12 - Day 1
6AM - Arrival at Daet
We immediately rode a tricycle to Jollibee Daet Bayan for our meeting place with the contact person of the tour, Rocky and had our breakfast as well.

After having our breakfast, we rode a local bus with a quite interesting look. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture it to show but I must say, "it was cute". For a couple of minutes, we're already in Vinzons port.

9AM - Boat Ride to Calaguas
Since I have no idea about the place, I keep on asking with the people who made their research about the place. They told me that it was about 2 hour-boat-ride. What? Seriously? Hmmmp.. Then I said to myself, then it is really an adventure. Rocky told us to buy a plastic bag (PHP15.00) to secure our belongings not to get wet. In my mind, is he serious? The boat is quite big already to get wet but still we bought it and put our bags in it.

I don't really expect anything or whatsoever but the first few minutes in the boat was just a normal boat ride until we reach the open sea. The waves were already throwing to our faces. No wonder they strongly recommend us to buy a plastic bag. Now I understand. Unfortunately I only bought 1, sad. No more plastic back going back. Toink!

When the waves were getting higher and higher, I already felt worried but felt safe the same time coz I wore a life vest but still if you look around, all you can see was a deep blue water. Very far from a coastline. If the boat will sink, then maybe we barely survive. So I decided to close my eyes and just feel and taste the salt water being thrown to us by the good waves. An hour later, we can now see an Islands/Islets.

Along the way, I took a picture of this rock islet. It's cute but scary. Very rough. And the rocks looks like a very sharp, enough to cut your skin if you decide to drop by.
11AM - Enjoying the White Sand
At last, we arrived already and I must say, the sand was so beautiful. The beautiful white sand can be compared to Boracay Island. Its just this is more virgin than Boracay. No establishments, with at least one resort with nipa hut and the rest were just using tent as an accommodation. Our accommodation was tent.
After our lunch, that was the time I struggled a lot with the heat of the sun. Nowhere to find a place to secure yourself from the heat coz most of the nipa hut were fully occupied specially with the big group of people. Uh!

Few hours later, the rain poured. What? Very fine weather but I don't understand why it rained and it took for few minutes only. No more sun, so I decided to swim alone. Waaa.. Nice beach but swimming alone was lonely. 😢 So I tried to entertain myself by watching the people walking, playing, picture taking while scratching my feet in the sand while sitting. Then feel the breeze, the view.

April 13 - Day 2
7AM - Breakfast
Did I mention that my most favorite part of this trip is eating? Hehehe.. Especially the breakfast. They had fried rice, fried egg, fried dried fish, coffee, banana. Wow, perfect for the morning. I wish I could have some more and more and more. Unfortunately we're allowed for one serving only. Bitin!

After breakfast, preparing to go back to Daet for a surfing experience at Bagasbas Beach.

12NN - Lunch at Catherine's
I love the food here but I don't like the mango shake. I think they forgot to put sugar or they just expect the fruit to be sweet.

Surfing time! For PHP400.00 you already had a surfing board and an instructor who will accompany you for 1 hour. If you are a first timer, 1 hour is enough.

After an hour, we drop by at Jollibee Daet Bayan to buy foods for our dinner in the bus.

3PM -  Way Home
Our original schedule way home was 5PM but we changed it to 3PM for us to get home earlier. We reached home at around 1AM.

Overall, it was fun. I love the beach and the experience. It's official. I've been to Calaguas!

No comments:

Post a Comment